Friday, May 13, 2011

The Maquis 6

I still find it interesting that a German TV news program actually some how mistook a Photoshopped picture of a Star Trek emblem of a fictional terrorist group for the real Navy SEAL emblem. It used to be "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." But in this case it's "fool me once and-it's-posted-all-over-the-internet-and-shown-on-the-FOX-news-website" Of course, you can tell that it's pretty menacing with the bat'leths surrounding the skull of a Klingon. Totally looks like a Navy SEAL emblem of the 21st Century and not of the 23rd.

But, hey, it's what they were looking for, wasn't it? I mean, they were looking for a menacing emblem that showed the strength, veracity and honor that the Navy SEALS are known for. So, some geek with Photoshop know-how put this together and while looking for something, they found this. It was what they were looking for. And they found it.

The same is true in health. I'm struggling with this myself. If I'm looking for it, I'll find it eventually. If I'm looking for nothing, if I'm looking for a no guidance, if I'm looking for no reason to lift, then I'll find it each time. If I'm looking for something that'll make me loose ten pounds in a week and will make me look like those people on the TV and I find the miracle product that does it all, of course I'm going to get it. It's the answer to what I'm looking for.

Paul says it really nicely

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 1 Timothy 4:3

Are you turning towards the things that'll answer what you want to hear? Or are you seeking answers from somewhere that'll tell you the truth even if you don't want to hear it? What's your goal? Where do you want to go form here?

I like how Craig Groeschel says it in his book Chawzon, "Everyone will wind up somewhere but not everyone will get there on purpose."

What are you seeking? Is it to get ripped and look all cool this summer? Then forget it. Go to a different blog. Are you looking to be healthy because it's important to you? Then keep reading. I'm going to fail. I have failed at times. But I keep getting back up and moving forward. How's that Cake song go?

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course, He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse. He's going the distance.


Where are you going? What are you searching for? Don't just listen to anyone, especially those who tell you what you want to hear. Listen to what the truth is and follow the Truth towards what is right and healthy. I'm still working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment