Friday, January 14, 2011

The wrong day (but I have an apple fritter)

Each Friday, somewhere between 7:30-8:30 they come and pick up our garbage. Usually I make sure I place it on the curb at night before I go to bed. For some reason, last night I thought it was Friday night and today was Saturday. I didn't think about putting the trash out on the curb until say 6ish this morning. I was woken up at 6am for...uhm.. certain reasons.. and then realized, "hey, it's Friday." Then I realized "Crud, I forgot to put out the trash." I thought maybe, just maybe my wonderful thoughtful self sacrificing wife would have realized I forgot to last night after I went to bed and did it for me.

I peeked in the garage. Nope. Dang.

So, it being South Dakota in January, I quickly bundled up and took the trash to the curb.

Now, what to do, what to do. Reading this and knowing that it is called Spiritual Musclehead, you'd think that I'd would have figured "Hey, I'm up, let's go to the gym." Or "Hey, I'm up, I should dive into God's word." What'd I do? I went back to bed.

Now, I'm sitting on my duff, eating an apple fritter and drinking coffee. I'm contemplating going to the gym.

The hardest thing I'm doing is trying hard not to beat myself up for not doing what's right, for not eating healthier and for not being as motivated to work out like I should.. on the flip side.. this is a really good fritter.. and the Starbucks coffee just hits the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment