Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The secret to my weight loss (or How I lost 100lbs in 6 years)

For the last month, I've had a large number of people stop me and ask what my secret was. You see, I've lost weight. A lot of weight. And I've built muscle. Some muscle. Because so many people have stopped and asked me about my secret, I've decided to start a blog. You see, when I've started telling people my secret, they get disappointed. The secret is, is that there is no secret. There is no quick fix. Instead, it is a journey of health, understanding and growth--physically, emotionally and spiritually.

I decided to call my blog "Spiritual Muscle Head." Why? Well, when I'm at the gym, I see a lot of muscle heads. Nothing wrong with being one, but I'm not really one. A muscle head is one who spends a lot of time talking about their muscles and what they can lift more so that actually lifting weights with their muscles. Muscle heads spend a lot of time at the gym. They spend time reading up on weight lifting, on nutrition, and so forth.

But as a follower of Jesus Christ, I want to be a spiritual muscle head. I want to be one who spends time talking about Christ but also following in His footsteps. I want to spend my time reading about Him, living like Him.

So what is my secret. I've listed it down to 4 things. Ready?
1. Hard work
2. Prayer
3. Perseverance
4. Patience

In this blog, I will talk about my own journey, how I strive to live my life loving my God with all of my heart, with all of my soul and with all of my mind and how i try really really really hard to love my neighbor as myself. Each blog will have three quick sections of advice on how to help with being healthy. They will be looking at Food, Fitness and Faith.

Today's 3 tips are--Write it down.

1. Food--as you eat, write it down. Keep a food log. How much are you eating? What are you eating, when are you eating it? Why are you eating it? Take time at the end of the week and look at it and see where you can improve in your habits.

2. Fitness--write down your exercises. I fail at this, to tell the truth. But it is very helpful. How much weight can you lift in each exercise? How far are you running/biking/walking? What is your heart weight? What is your weight? What are you inches? Are they going up or down?

3. Faith--do devotions. Get into God's word. Keep a journal and write down what you've learned from the scripture passage or devotional you are reading. Write down your prayers and pray them out loud.

Remember: This takes time. It involves hard work, prayer, patience and perseverance.

Good luck and may you become a spiritual muscle head.

No comments:

Post a Comment