Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 3--second day in Biloxi

I've been thinking about the whole concept of being a Spiritual Muscle Head. It's weird. When you look at being a follower of Jesus, it actually means something. As a follower of Jesus, I want to be like him to everyone I meet. I do. And that's why I'm down here. I find it interesting that we are doing service work during the Christian Holy Week... what better time to be Christ to others than by being Christ during the time we spend reflecting on his sacrifice for us.

This Sunday was a needed day of rest. It was a day of rest before the work begins. A day of worship, a time of rest and relaxation at the beach (and a sun burn for many of us to boot).

I am looking forward to getting to work. We haven't received our assignments yet, but we're told we will tomorrow..

During this holy week, I want to take the time to reflect on Jesus' sacrifice for me and why I truly am here... not because it's a great thing to do but because I truly want to reflect who he is and what it means to be to be a follower of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment